What’s New in vRealize Operations 8.1??
VMware vRealize Operations is also referred to as vROps. It was formerly called vCenter Operations Manager. It helps in providing operations management across physical, virtual and cloud environments even if they are based on vSphere, Hyper-V or AWS. It also helps administrators to monitor, troubleshoot and manage the health and capacity of virtual environment. Also it provides complete information about the performance, capacity and health of the infrastructure.
The latest version of VMware vRealize Operations to be released soon is 8.1. It support modernizing infrastructure and applications. It will deliver new and enhanced capabilities for self-driving operations to help customers optimize, plan and scale VMware Cloud, whether on-premises private cloud or VMware SDDC in multiple public clouds such as VMware Cloud on AWS, while at the same time unifying multi-cloud monitoring.
The main themes of vRealize Operations 8.1 are:
- Managing Containers on vSphere 7.0 as well as enhancing container management pack
- Natively managing VMware Cloud on AWS
- Supporting Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Ease of use improvements across the board
- Integrations across the vRealize family of products, including vRealize Automation, vRealize Log Insight and vRealize Network Insight
Some of the new capabilities available as Vmware Cloud service are:
- Continuous Performance Optimization
- Efficient capacity and cost management
- App aware intelligent remediation
- Integrated compliance
- Platform enhancements
March 20, 2020
March 20, 2020